Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I set up a gmail account and never used it but I have

Customer Question

I set up a gmail account and never used it but I have spotify and a tablet that is set up with this account. I have entered the password ***** I thought I set the account up with and am told this does not match your records. I know the account has been set up within the last year and I think it was set in 2015. I can not use my tablet until I can retrieve my password. Please help. I do not remember sending any emails from the account. I set this account up when trying to download Spotify.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Click here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?

Follow the prompts to reset your password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not any help. I have gone through all the questions. I mentioned this in my question to you. This requires answering when I last used the password ***** month the password ***** set.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, if your answers do not match their records then cannot recover the password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many people remember month and date an account is set up. There has to be someone to speak to about this
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

All of the answers do not have to match but a majority of them will need to match.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a username be set up with another password
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

You will need to recover that account. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to use that same email/username and create a new password ***** it without using the recovery process.