IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am unable to receive my e mail. I can send, but not

Customer Question

I am unable to receive my e mail. I can send, but not receive on my computer. I get a message saying that the server's SSl cert was rejected for the following reason: unknown error.
I also get a message saying that SSl negotiation failed, Unknown error cause (200)The connection with the server has been lost.
I have two email addresses. The one with gmail.com and one with cox.net
XXXXXXXXX .com and XXXXXXXXX
I can send e mail on either account, but am unable to pull up my incoming mail.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I am sure your password ***** *****
Please do the following to solve the problem you are experiencing in Eudora:
1. Start Eudora and click on "Tools" and then "Options", and then on "Checking Mail"
2. There click on the "Last SSL Info" button
3. Click on the "Certificate Information Manager" button at bottom of the window
4. In the next window that appears, you will see a directory style list of Certificate nomenclature. Click on the topmost + symbol box next to the topmost smiley-face icon. This will open the first in a hierarchy list of Certificates and present another + symbol box next to another smiley-face icon beneath the first
5. Click the next + symbol box, and repeat until you get to a Certificate that shows a skull & crossbones icon instead of a smiley face
6. Highlight the skull & crossbones entry by clicking on it, and then go to the bottom of the window and click the "Add To Trusted" button
7. Close all windows and then click the Check mail icon in the menu bar at the top of the Eudora screen. It should now complete the check for the new e-mail as it did before. If not, repeat the procedure outlined above until it does. Sometimes it takes 2-3 attempts in order for Eudora to work again