Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

On 08/12/2015 I installed Windows 10. Due to some apparent

Customer Question

On 08/12/2015 I installed Windows 10.
Due to some apparent conflicts with programs that I have that were not compatible with Windows 10, I had to roll back to Window 7 Professional.
When I opened my Windows Live Mail today, it seems to corrupted, showing +/- 37000 unread emails. Most of the e-mails that are in my are invalid - message not found.
How can we rectify this situation?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me if your email account in Windows Live Mail is setup as POP or IMAP?
Also, what is the domain name part of your email address: @gmail.com? @hotmail.com? @yahoo.com? or others?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pop3
@downsviewofdania.comJohn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello????
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are using a custom domain name or a business email account. I also checked your beautiful site :)

Because of the roll back, indeed the emails stored in your Windows Live Mail could have been corrupted so old emails, including those that are already deleted long ago re-appeared as UNREAD emails so when you open them, nothing shows up.

There are 2 ways you can fix this issue if the level of data corruption is still manageable.

First, please try to access your email account through the webmail, NOT through Windows Live Mail. Most website-attached emails can be accessed through the webmail depending on how your email is setup.

If your POP3 account was set to LEAVE the emails in the server after downloading, then all your emails shall be intact in the mail server so you can delete your accoutn from Windows Live Mail (WLM in short) and then ADD it again so that WLM can download fresh copy of your emails.

If the POP3 account was set NOT TO LEAVE the emails on the server, then unfortunately, you have no copies of your emails in the mail server -- only in your computer's WLM -- so we need to use another email program to try to IMPORT those emails and see if they can be read.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - since it is 10.43 pm EST, I will work on this tomorrow morning.Thanks,
John '
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please ask your website developer or your hosting company how you can access your email using a web browser. I tried to access locate your site's webmail login and it appears hidden.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok John, please take your time. We can resume with this tomorrow when you are back and available.