Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I change my Hotmail password?

Customer Question

How do I change my Hotmail password?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

First, you are only able to change your Hotmail security information like your password, if and only if, you are still able to access or login to the account.

Can you please confirm that you are still able to access or login to your Hotmail account?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to get into my account.
Jewel
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jewel,

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. Since you are able to sign in to your hotmail account, it means you can change your password. Please follow these steps:

1. Open your favorite web browser and then go to http://hotmail.com
  2. Sign in to your hotmail account from there.
  3. Please tell me when you are already there signed in to your Hotmail
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jewel,

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support which is better that a phone call.

Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in changing and securing your Hotmail account while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will use my phone to log on.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so I believe you are not using a computer right now?

If yes, please make sure that you login to your Hotmail on your phone using a web browser, not the Mail app.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thim
nk I amI think I am signed in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what's next?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Now, when you are signed in to your Hotmail on your phone using a web browser, please click or tap on this link to change your password:

https://account.live.com/password/Change?mkt=en-US

That link will only work when you are already signed in to your Hotmail account.

Also, Hotmail may prompt you security information that you need to provide in order to proceed changing your password.

I hope that helped. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know, I am still here to help.

Best regards,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going? Were you able to change the password ***** the direct link I gave you?