Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How can I copy my calendar and contacts from one gmail acct.

Customer Question

How can I copy my calendar and contacts from one gmail acct. address to another?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The contact transfer will be the most difficult, so we should start there. These steps are much easier to complete from a computer, rather then a phone or tablet.

Exporting

Step 1

Access the Gmail account that has the contacts you want to synchronize.

Step 2

Click the "Gmail" drop-down menu on the left side of the window.

Step 3

Click "Contacts."

Step 4

Click the "More" drop-down menu; then click the "Export" option.

Step 5

Select the group you want to synchronize or choose "All contacts." The former gives you a drop-down menu with a list of all your contact groups; the latter will export every contact you have.

Step 6

Click the "Google CSV" option if it's not selected already.

Step 7

Click "Export"; then navigate to the location on your computer where you want to save your contacts. You can save the contacts file anywhere, and after you import it to the other Gmail account, you can delete the file if you prefer.

Step 8

Click "Save."

Importing

Step 1

Access the second Gmail account.

Step 2

Step 3

Click "Contacts."

Step 4

Click the "More" drop-down menu; then click the "Import" option.

Step 5

Click "Choose File" and then navigate to the file you just exported in the window that opens.

Step 6

Click "Open," then click "Import."

Once that is done, your contacts will have moved over. Now for the calendar. Probably your best bet is just to share the calendar to the other gmail account.

Heres how to do so

1. Open Google Calendar on a computer.
  2. On the left, find My Calendars. You may need to click to expand it.
  3. Find the calendar you want to share and click the arrow next to it.
  4. Select Share this Calendar.
  5. Under Share with specific people, add the email address of your other gmail account.
  6. For Permission Settings, choose make changes and manage sharing
  7. Click Add person, if they aren't already added.
  8. Click Save.

Once you click Save, to access the calendar you will need to sign into your other gmail account. And then accept the share and view the calendar.. It will be in your other calendars section.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Follow up question. By doing either of these, this will not effect the original contacts and calendar from the initial gmail account, correct? And if I don't want to share the colander, I want a whole separate copy will this do that or can I only share the calendars?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

This wont effect the contacts or the calendars. Well, to be fair.. If you choose the permission option I mentioned, then any changes you made to the calendar in one place, would reflect in the other.

Or, you could simply export the calendar from the original account, and then import the calendar into the new account. By using export / import, it would be separate calendars altogether. You can find the export and import options on the calendar settings page, here

https://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1#settings-calendars_9

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I call when I am back at the computer? This will make it much easier. Up until what time can I call and what number do I call?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

To keep our costs as low as possible, email support is offered at the rate you selected. Phone support involves an additional fee.

When you are back at the computer, send a reply. And I will send the phone support offer. As far as what times work, I generally need at least an hour notice beforehand. And I am available till 830 pm EST.

Dustin S.