Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

My Hotmail no longer accepts emails from a website called

Customer Question

My Hotmail no longer accepts emails from a website called Red Stamp. I create a message on Red Stamp and send it to my Hotmail address (which is Outlook) and the message never shows up. Is there a setting that needs to be changed?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.
Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Hotmail account but online Outlook (aka outlook.com) is used to access it. This is all web-based
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. After you accept the service request for the remote session in the 'get more help' area of this page, the remote link will be posted on this page. This will be the last charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for the 'get more help
section and don't see it.
Do you see the listing for "Remote Tech Support"? That is what you will need to find and accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the price of this an additional $45?
that is correct. The additional cost is there because it will take more of my time. There will not be any additional costs after that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand - but I think I am going to pass - thanks so much
That's not a problem at all. If you don't want to do the remote, then I would rather not do it.
In this case, let's try it the old-fashioned way.
Let's make sure that there are no rules setup to block the emails.
After signing into www.Outlook.com, please follow the instructions below:
- Click the following link: https://mail.live.com/mail/options.aspx?subsection=4&n=398265415
--- Choose the "Standard" option on the top of the page and click the Save button on the bottom of the page.
- Click the following link: mail.live.com/?page=ManageRules
--- On this page are all the rules that you may or may not have created on purpose. If you see any rules that match the email that is missing, you should delete it by clicking the Trash Can icon. You may wish to remove all the filters to be sure.
- Click the following link: https://people.live.com/
--- Click the New button on the top of that page, enter the email address that is attached to the emails that are not coming through and save that.
After you complete the above instructions, you are guaranteed to receive the email messages that you have not seen.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason