Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My hotmail will not send....it tells me I am sending too

Customer Question

My hotmail will not send....it tells me I am sending too many e-mails.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Im going to assume that you are not sending over 50 emails a day. Or sending bulk emails ( one email to 50 recipients)

Most likely, your account has been hacked and someone else is using it to send emails. ( Probably spam, or requests for money)

You need to immediately change your password.. Heres how.

If you cannot sign into your hotmail account, go to this link https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx follow those steps and reset the password.

If you can sign in to your hotmail account. Instead, go to this link https://account.microsoft.com/privacy Sign into your hotmail account using your full email address and password. And then on the security and privacy section. Click change password. Then change your password.

That will stop your account from being used. And within 24 hours, you will no longer get the "sending too many emails" message.

Unless of course, you actually are sending a lot of emails!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not send that many e-mails ...I did change my password ***** I have tried to validate my account with my phone number...
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When did you change your password?

And at what point did you validate with your phone number? And how did you change your password. Did you use one of the links I sent you specifically?