Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I did not to my knowledge make a payment through Facebook

Customer Question

I did not to my knowledge make a payment through Facebook Messenger, but I got a notification that such a payment account had been opened and that facebook now has all of my information that they can share with others they deem appropriate. I do want to keep my Facebook account but do not want the payment option. How can I delete it without deleting my ability to use my facebook page.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues with your Facebook account. Since you are certain that you did not enter or provide your payment information for Facebook, it could mean that the email notification that you got was just a scam. It could contain links to redirect you to some phishing websites -- a website that looks like Facebook but prompts you for your login information and steal them.
Did you click on any links in the email that you got from Facebook?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess