Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I deleted my favorites on my google chrome bar how do i

Customer Question

I deleted my favorites on my google chrome bar how do i retreve them.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you close Google Chrome please
Launch Windows Explorer and plug the following location into its address bar, replacing “NAME” with the name of your Windows user account:
C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
The folder contains two bookmark files – Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak. Bookmarks.bak is the most recent backup, taken when you last opened your browser.
If you don’t see the .bak file extension and just see two files named Bookmarks, click the Organize menu and select “Folder and search options.”
In the Folder Options window, click over to the View tab and uncheck the “Hide extensions for known file types” option. You’ll now see the previously hidden .bak extension.
To restore the backup, close all open Chrome browser windows. With Chrome closed, delete the Bookmarks file and rename Bookmarks.bak to Bookmarks.
You’ll see your deleted bookmarks when you relaunch Chrome. Any bookmarks you’ve created since you last launched Chrome will be lost.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please