Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I was using Mozilla Thunderbird -mail. I switched from WIN 7

Customer Question

I was using Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail. I switched from WIN 7 to WIN 10. Lost the Thunderirs tool/Task bar. Couldn't send e-mail. tried to fix. Converted back to WIN 7 drom Windows prompt. Unloaded Thunderbird & reloaded 38.1. Still do not have tool bar and still can't send e-mail. HELP. Lee, Minden, LA
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to receive emails fine?

Do you mean the "Write" button is not there, and/or the "Send" button is not there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following fix:

1. If you the Write option is missing, then in Thunderbird program, press and release the key Alt on your keyboard, then click on the View menu at the top, then click on the option Mail Toolbar. Then you should see the Write / toolbar at the top.

2. If the Send option is missing, then click on Write in order to start a new message, then press and release the key Alt on your keyboard, then select the option Toolbars, then click on the option Composition Toolbar. Then you should see the Send / toolbar at the top.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you'd like to, I can set up a remote support session, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.