James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!! My Microsoft Outlook email system

Customer Question

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!! My Microsoft Outlook email system was corrupted and my computer service was unable to correct the problem, therefore I apparently have lost all of my email addresses for business and friend contacts. Also have lost all of the "groups" I set up to retain important information (incoming emails). I am lost! Is there any way that you can at least provide my email addresses? I have used Outlook for years and can't stand the new system my computer service recommended (Gmail). My Outlook address was "*****@******.***". My current address is***@******.***. I would be most grateful if you could help me. Kind Regards, ***** *****(###) ###-####Sequim, WA.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dennis, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before I can say whether or not I will be able to help you. I need to ask you some questions first.

Lets start with, when you say you had Microsoft Outlook email system. Did you have the actual Outlook program installed?

And if so, do you know what version it is / was. Such as Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 , etc ?

Also, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dustin, How do I find the answer to both your questions on my computer? I am a computer dummy. I'm pretty sure I'm using Windows XP or Windows 7. How can I find the specific answers your seeking? Thanks, Dennis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin, I just remembered that my computer service guy removed everything about Outlook from my computer. Sorry
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

HI Dennis. Since another technician connected t o your computer and "worked" on the issue.

It may be best if I also connect to your computer and work on the issue directly. I can send the additional service offer for that type of connection.

Which will allow me to see your screen, move your mouse, and run through the steps needed in order to resolve the problem.

If you would like to try that, accept the offer and I will send you the connection steps. If you would prefer to continue via written word, send a reply and let me know~

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found on my computer that I have/had Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but no thanks Dustin. Sorry to have bothered you. Dennis
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood. And you havent bothered me Dennis.

Im very familiar with lost file recovery and deleted contacts within outlook. Those issues generally can be fixed, but they do take time. And its that extra time involved that requires a higher payment.

If you change your mind and want to continue, youre welcome to contact me. Remember, all fees are refundable if I am unable to fix the problem.

If you do not want to continue, you may be interested in this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund