Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

I need help with twitter. I have 3 accounts. 2 work fine,

Customer Question

Hi Michael, I need help with twitter. I have 3 accounts. 2 work fine, with different emails. The third was only partially set up - we secured the name, but then pc rebooted. So no profile was set up or photo. I am now trying to get back into it using the email I think was associated with the 3rd account, but it doesn't recognise it. If I use the emails associated with the other two twitter accounts, I only have access to the other two accounts. Sorry i am not great with Twitter. Can you help? The help pages are no good on twitter for this, and I don't want to tweet from another account as I understand it will be hard to get a a response.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

What happens when you try to reset the password?

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. This is Michael. Is it me that you are looking for to help you with your question?

The way Twitter works is that each email account registered is its own distinct twitter account. There is no way to merge different accounts to one so you can consider an email address the identity of a person on Twitter. You can abandon (just not use) a twitter account and eventually it will be archived and deleted. You can create a new twitter account with the desired email and that will be associated with your twitter account indefinitely. But it will not take on the previous posts or connections to people that your other twitter accounts had.

It sounds like, based on what you are saying happened, that you reserved the name but maybe never had time to set the password ***** other security features. If that is the case, then you should be able to gain access to it by doing a regular twitter password ***** If you are not able to do that, then it is likely that the name was used by someone else and you will have to use a different login. Twitter is one of the most simple and basic services so what you see there is really what you get. There is no complexity to the way they handle accounts. It's one account per email address. If this doesn't answer your question or you need additional service moving this along, let me know and I will definitely help you in anyway I can.