John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  Setting up and servicing Email accounts since 1994!
60674955

My husband and I share a gmail and yahoo mail address.

Customer Question

My husband and I share a gmail and yahoo mail address. Trying to set up my own gmail account. Think I did already or at least started. Can't remember anything but user name. Can't navigate through Google to see if the one that I think I have is mine or someone else, which I doubt. Any suggestions
Category: Email
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

you can try resetting the password ***** the account and that should be a good indication if it's yours.

You can use the self-service Google Account recovery feature from your computer to retrieve this information.

Please go to the following site:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If you don't remember your ID, select "I don't know my username" and follow the prompts. It will ask for you to identify yourself as owner of the account in some way (such as phone number, alternative email, etc...).

Once you have the username you can return to the page and choose "I don't know my password". It will then guide you through the step required to reset it.