James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have not been able to get into my email couple of months

Customer Question

I have not been able to get into my email for a couple of months now. I have played all the games and had several chats. I have even taken ;picture of the equipment and they tell me it doesen't match what they have, no way to help. So the big question
is how do I get my passwords back.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I am very sorry for the e-mail problem!

I will do my best to check for all possible options for you to regain access to your e-mail account and will let you know what to do.

Please type your e-mail address here so that I can check your account.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Hold on...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an active home phone line
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, I have checked. It is a valid e-mail account.

If the current password *****'t work, there is a way to reset it.

For your account, there are two questions to be answered before you can reset the password:

1. What is your favorite pet's name?

2. What is your Zip Code?

Do you know the answers to those questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been through this drill sbout 50 times........my zip code is 32225. I have named every pet we have ever owned and they tell me none of them match
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

That is a security question created upon creating the account. It is possible that you forgot the right answer, or it is also possible that someone had accessed your account and changed the answer to that security question.

So, if none of the answers worked, the only way to reset the password ***** ***** contact the Comcast support directly.

Have you already done that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have several other email accounts, However the primary one is the one I use for mostI have talked with them on a number of occasions. Here are the pets names we have had ove the last 40 years Buffy, Ruff,pudgy, polly pole cat, buddy
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Just tried them all, and unfortunately, nothing worked.

What did the Comcast support say? Why they can't reset the password ***** you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they simply said that they could not do anything ,I even went to the computer in my sons room and took the pink sheet yhat came witht he instslls tion They told me it did not match the security numbers.We have had a lot of problems with comact and have had the hous erewired for cable just last weekend a technician was out hjere and instslled a new bos on a tv in one of the bedroooms. it has not worked and they are sending someoe out next week to try again Here are a couple of other email address that ar not working..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

That's strange. I thought all companies will help their subscribers. You only need to prove you are the owner of "*****@******.***" account. To do that, you can tell a Comcast customer support representative when the account was created (roughly), several last passwords used, several most used e-mail addresses you sent the e-mails to, etc.

Once they realize you are indeed the right owner, they should reset the password ***** you.

My advice is to collect as many information about that e-mail account that can be used to prove you are the owner and then call them again. If they refuse to help, you can ask for a manager to answer your call and listen to what you need to say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx. So far the only difference between what the other group told and what you have said is the $20 dollar offer to talk live. Thanks for making those last suggestions. I will follow up on that tomorrow. I am in the advanced stages of Parkinson's Disease and my email is the only way I can communicate I have been up until 2 in the morning two nights this week trying to get this situation resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I cancel this account.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the issues, but there isn't much you can do, other than talk to Comcast.

I will transfer your request for the account closure to the JustAnswer customer support.