James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have used Eudora years - but now I can receive but only

Customer Question

I have used Eudora for 30 years - but now I can receive but only send
early in the morning after that mot of my emails dont get sent. I use this for business
and its very upsetting - I also use earthlink as my provider they say the problem is with Eudora and that its outdated - I have the last latest version which is 7
they are saying something about security certifications now being needed and that Eudora is not updated for that - can you help me? Im using windows mail which I hate!
thank you Elaine Efstathiou
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Eudora email issues.

Are you using Windows 7 or 8?

What exactly is the error message that you are getting when sending fails?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error message I have used Eudora 7 which is the latest version but they tell me now its outdated but i love it
I can receive from eudora thru earthlink and in the early mornings I can send but then by mid morning sometimes my emails dont go out - they tell me it has something to do with certificates for security? not sure but I love eudora
what could be the problem with sending - when I check the sent file it shows the messages were sent but the receivers never get them
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the Eudora issues while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK what do you need to do that?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I just need your permission and when you want the remote access option, I will then send you the formal additional service offer. After accepting the additional service offer, I can then send you the steps to join me in the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I request the phone call me made after 9:30 am pacific daylight time?
I Need to leave my computer for one hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a call after 9:30 am pacific daylight time please respond to this request!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. Can we do the remote session instead? It is better than a phone call since I can actually see your screen and I can directly fix the issues while you watch.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

And we can do the remote session in your specified time then...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get the remote tech a little later this morning when I have more time
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes please take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for a phone call - now you are saying that I should pay $15.00 more for a remote?
I dont think so what is this a scam? I need a tech to call me now I paid for a call
I should get one
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am very sorry about the confusion but the phone call request was not successful so you will not be charged for it

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am suggesting if you allow, for me to remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch. It will be better than a phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I still paid for your service and so far have not gotten any help
I need to speak to someone its a little complicated
right now my eudora is not being routed to a windows mail account
and I have changed my email to the one you are using now
so Im receiving thru earthlink as there was no problem to receive
but then its transfer to windows mail. I dont want to mess that up
what I wanted was to find out why sometimes my eudora didnt send my emails
if you have a remote looking into my computer can i be sure they will not disturb
this transferring of email? Frankly I really still want to speak to someone
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh ok. I understand your concern. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support as I am not from the USA so calls will be expensive for me. Please allow me to opt out so that my US counterparts who offer phone support can assist you further.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very good Ill wait for them to contact me
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

HI Elaine, my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with the Eudora issues you are having.

Im available to call you if you still needed help with this issue. I will be working for the next 8 hours today. Please send a reply when you can, so we can figure out a time that works for both of us to speak over the phone and work on this issue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one ever called me and I got NO help from you
just asking for more money kindly refund me immediately
or I will call american express and ask for a refund from your company
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

This is Dustin, I messaged you on the 9th and you never responded.

To be clear Elaine. I asked to call you at 11 am on August the 9th. And If that time didn't work, I mentioned that if you sent a reply we could figure out a time when you would be available, so I could call you.

You never responded to me, and you never sent your phone number to me. Its impossible for me to call you without knowing your number.

If you would like a refund, this is the link you should use. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you would like help with this issue. Then I will need you to respond in a timely manner. Thank you,

Dustin S.