Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can you tell if an unauthorized person has accessed -or

Customer Question

can you tell if an unauthorized person has accessed -or tried to access- my yahoo email-? & if so, who it is?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

Can you still login or access your Yahoo email account?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a lawyer and someone with whom I have never communicated in ANY medium and to whom my client has not disclosed my email address has Identified my email in a written question in court papers.I want to know if I can find out whether & who is accessing my yahoo account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your email issues. I want to understand your scenario better.

Are you saying that someone in court identified your email address?

Or are you saying that someone showed an email message that is in your email account and you are wondering HOW they got a copy of that email message?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support since I am not from the USA so calls will b expensive. Can we continue in this QA or chat mode? If you only prefer a phone call, please let me know so that I can opt out so that experts who offers phone support can assist you further.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. You have not understood the issue at all. I am not satisfied and I expect that my card will not be charged for the lack of any meaningful information from you .Thank you any way.RegardsAlan R. Nettles, Atty at Law
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Atty. Alan,

I completely understand your question but the scenario that you described is what I did not completely understood.

1. Can you tell if an unauthorized person has accessed -or tried to access- my yahoo email-?
  2. If so, who it is?

For #1 I can show or describe the steps to you. but for #2, you cannot tell the exact person who accessed it. All you can get is the IP address of the person who accessed it and further investigation is needed to fully reveal the identity of the person using that particular IP address.

I can provide you further details if you want to proceed.

Best regards,

Jess