James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I bought and downloaded outlook 2013 2 days ago, had no

Customer Question

I bought and downloaded outlook 2013 2 days ago, had no problem accessing it for the first 2 days but now I can't because it is asking me to log in to a server co1401-m.hotmail.com which when Ido with the password ***** I haven't changed the box just keeps coming back and down the bottom of the screen where it has said connected before it now says need password.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma'am is Hotmail the email you configured in outlook 2013?

Are you able to open your email in web browser (Firefox,Chrome,Internet explorer)?

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did and it asked me for a code which was sent to my mob phone did that and now the problem is resolved but am still unsure as to how it arose in the first place
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply.Are you able to use Hotmail in your outlook 2013 ?

Your account might have been hacked so i suggest you tighten the security of the Hotmail account by creating a password ***** has alphabets,symbols like $#*~ and numbers also it show be at-least 10 characters.Check the alternate email address all these options can be seen in your account settings in Hotmail.Also remove all the spam emails or the ones you do not recognize/suspicious.Do not click on any links or pictures in such emails now or in the future because the hacker can use that install keyloggers in your PC and gain access to your PC and accounts.I also suggest you run a scan using malwarebytes anti-malware which you can get it from this link https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

You do not need to purchase,you can use its free version to update and run threat and custom scans manually.

Update the anti-virus installed in your PC too.I hope you are clear now.Please let me know if you need any further assistance

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you saw my above reply and fix the issue using the instructions I provided.Is there anything else you like to know?

Sincerely,