Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can not send email from my windows live account after

Customer Question

I can not send email from my windows live account after updates. I am able to receive mail through windows live. I have posted the message that I am receiving. I do not send more than 20 emails in one day.
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was '*****@******.***'.
Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 User***@******.*** has exceeded its 24-hour sending limit. Messages to 268 recipients out of 250 allowed have been sent. Relay quota will reset in 5.82 hours.
Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. When was the last time that you were able to send emails successfully?

Also, is this happening when you send an email to a particular recipient? Or you can't send emails to ANY person now?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last time was able to send emails was on Thursday the 30th. I run windows 7 updates that evening and my live mail stopped working.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Please check your account settings and see if the option that requires "Authentication" is selected.

Keep me posted.

Jess