IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My mobile number is +XXXXXXXXXX email address

Customer Question

My mobile number is +XXXXXXXXXX email address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX currently on holiday in U.S. From UK. Unable to get emails so from settings deleted my Outlook account but cannot reinstall. Microsoft have blocked my account despite me supplying them their requested info. Important that I am reconnected ASAP. Please help me.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

It looks like the security measures were triggered since you attempted to sign in to your e-mail account from another country. The e-mail system detected that change and temporary blocked your e-mail account to protect it as it thought it was someone else, since you usually sign in from the UK.
In order to be able to sign in to your e-mail account from the US, you will need to verify the ownership of the account.
Please re-type your e-mail address here and I will help you with that process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks. Hold on...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I have checked that e-mail account and there are 2 ways of a quick account verification:
1. Send a verification link to the associated e-mail address. For security reasons, I cannot see it in full. I only see this:
[email protected]
2. Send a password ***** code to the associated phone number ending in 96
Which of these options can you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both these contacts are at home in the UK. I did give Microsoft my travel companions email address but they replied saying that the info supplied was not sufficient to validate!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft usually demands that every bit of the information you type to them matches their records. For that reason, it is possible that you forgot something, so they refused to confirm the ownership.
How about accessing the associated e-mail address (TalkTalk)?
You should be able to do that using the web mail interface available on this link:
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail
That way you can receive the verification link and verify your Hotmail account within minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I usually keep Talktalk for business and use Hotmail for social contacts but if this is the only way I can verify ownership of this account then I will do so but for me it is a last resort as I don't want vacation to be interrupted by business matters. I am sorry but I must end this session shortly as it is late at night here in the U.S. If you cannot reply immediately can we resume tomorrow morning please?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sure, we can continue tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT Miro. I tried to go in to my Talktalk account but no access. I will be out of Wifi range so will have to try and contact you again later today. Sorry.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
To be able to access your TalkTalk e-mail account, you need to click on the link I sent you and then type your TalkTalk e-mail address and the password.
Did you forget the password ***** another error appears when trying to log in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried again but no success so went in to an Apple Store and they have set me up OK. Thank you for your previous advice but I now no longer need your services.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
If there is anything else I can assist you with, let me know.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help can you please confirm that I will only be charged $5 on my credit card.
Catherine
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Customer support should contact you regarding the charges.
Regards,