James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I can't connect to the Internet on my MacBook to get to my

Customer Question

Hi. I can't connect to the Internet on my MacBook to get to my Mail or Gmail or Chrome/Safari browsers. I can connect via my android phone and iPad. The problem might stem from my commencing Google's 2 step security on the MacBook 3 weeks ago. I have been having access problems ever since. When I run diagnostics to track the problem it tells me I have no IP address. Can you help? David
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Having no IP address is certainly the cause of the problem.
Please tell me if you are connecting to the router (Internet) by wired connection or wireless connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless connection. I have a mobile broadband modem that sets up a hot spot and is used by 2 Android phones, an iPad and my MacBook.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Some mobile broadband modems could limit the number of connected devices. So, if you have connected 2 Android phones and 1 iPad, please disconnect all of them by disabling the WiFi on those devices.
After that, check if your MacBook is able to connect and access the Internet.
If not, please un-plug the modem power cable from the electrical outlet and leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes. After that, re-plug the power cable and wait until the Internet connection is restored on the modem.
Now check if the MacBook is able to fully access the Internet.
Let me know the results.