Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

We have a new 40" vizio, a we are connected to direct Tv. TV

Customer Question

Hello,I'm Trisha, we have a new 40" vizio, a we are connected to direct Tv. TV was playing great when I turned it off last night. Just went to turn it on an it says no signal. It is usually set on HMDI-1to play. I pushed info. An says TV is set on HMDI-2. I do not know how to get it back to HMDI -1 , can you help me please. Trisha
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you today with your issue. Luckily the solution to your problem is quite simple. Your TV is set to the wrong input source. In order to change it to HDMI-1 you will need to press the "Input" button on your TV (not satellite) remote. You will keep pressing the "Input" button until you reach the "HDMI-1" source.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The input did not go hmii. The only hm that comes up hmi2 what's next
You have to keep pressing the Input button. It will scroll through all of your TV inputs, until you reach HDMI-1.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried what u suggested, I kept scrolling about 60 seconds HDMI-1 nor HDMI-1 came up. Only HDMI-2,comp.,(1), TV, Satelite comes up
Unplug your HDMI cable on the back of your TV and plug it into the next HDMI outlet and try again.