Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

I have a three year old vizio 55" led 240hz tv and notice

Customer Question

I have a three year old vizio 55" led 240hz tv and notice that there are jagged diagonal ghost lines that appear to be behind the screen. They run all the way across the screen about 2" apart and 3/4 way down the screen from the top. Appear on all media, dvd's, hd tv cable and antenna. They are not from having cleaned the surface of the screen. Any idea what they might be and/or can the screen be removed easily to clean the back of it?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email is XXXXX
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. Unfortunately, I think that your issue is more than needing a cleaning. I think you are looking at an internal electronics failure due to either a bad panel, bad timing control board or bad capacitors. Your best approach is to take it to a local repair shop for diagnosis rather than trying to take apart the TV. Depending on the diagnosis, it may be more cost effective to buy a new TV rather than replace the defective part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No additional questions. Don't think it is internal electronics issue.
I'm going to open this up so another expert can have an attempt.
Even though you don't think it is an electronics issues, the inside of these TV's is not meant to be taken apart to clean the back of the glass. They are sealed units and for something to get on the back of the glass to leave multiple lines that go complete across the TV is not likely.
You can call any electronics repair shop and they will tell you the same thing. Taking apart the TV to try and clean the back of the glass is not a sound solution. You are really risking doing addition damage to the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not expect to pay for this answer. Please indicate that you received this note. I can't access refund / order history page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please note I do not expect any additional answers and expect refund.