Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I use my computer email sending and receiving except

Customer Question

My email account is***@******.***. I use my computer for all email sending and receiving except if I am traveling, I use it to read only. I do not use phone normally for email. I have not been able to bring up email on my phone since January 15, 2015. I went to AT&T office today and they tried to bring up my emails without success, and said to contact AOL. Are you able to send my emails to my Samsung phone, number XXX-XXX-XXXX? Since it is the same password, I should get emails on the phone. Please advise?
J. XXXX XXXX.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Do you use the "Email" app (or any other app) to access your AOL emails on the phone? Also, do you get any error/message when trying to access the emails now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies - I can't do phone calls on the service. However, could you provide me with the following info please: Do you use the "Email" app (or any other app) to access your AOL emails on the phone? Also, do you get any error/message when trying to access the emails now? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not use email app now the phone ask me to set up an account
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK, please do this on your phone now: On the main screen, tap Email. Tap Menu. Tap Add Account. Enter your AOL email address and password, and then tap Next. Once account verification is complete, you can add an account name and the name you wish to use when sending mail by entering these in the Set up screen. Please let me know. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
If you are unable to send/receive emails using the Email app as well (after setting up your AOL account as directed), just reply back to me below please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put in account name and password, tapping next will not take the tap
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see; is the "Next" button grayed out, or do you get any error itself? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK. Now, please close out the Email app, and then open up the "Play Store" app on your device. Tap the Search icon at the top, and search for "AOL Mail". Download the "AOL: Mail, News & Video" app listed, then install it accordingly. Done that, open up your list of apps (by tapping the middle icon at the bottom of your home screen), and then open up the AOL app listed. Sign in to your AOL account in the app, when prompted. Are you able to access your emails using this app itself? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drop the whole thing, I don't know apps, forget it and don't charge me, I am 86 years old and can't do all that crap, thanks anyway
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Bye.