Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

I want to reall an email i sent an hour ago. do you know how

Customer Question

hi, i want to reall an email i sent an hour ago. do you know how to do it
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.
I'm sorry about the issue.
Could you please answer the following:
What is your email service provider? gmail/yahoo/hotmail or other.
What program do you use to check your emails? Internet explorer, mozilla firefox, safari, outlook, outlook express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird or other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gmail/safari
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Please follow the steps given below:

Visit gmail webmail account: http://gmail.com

1. On the Gmail website, click the "Gear icon" on the top-right side and select "Settings."
  2. On the "General" tab, you should now see "Undo Send listed" as the tenth option.
  3. To enable it, check the box next to Enable Undo Send.
  • Also, choose the length of time you’d like to have the ability to recall your sent emails from the drop-down menu. Options include 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds.

If you have other queries, please reply at the box give below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i've tried this one. but the email i sent was an hour ago, not 30 sec ago. so i still can't recall it.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

I regret to inform you that gmail has provided this feature of recalling a message. with a very short period of time.

It is useful in the case when a user send out an email and immediately click "Undo send " button.

However, it is not useful for the emails sent for longer period of time.

Had it been sent using outlook(exchange account) to the other person using outlook(exchange account), it could have been recalled.

If you do not want the user to read this sent email, there is a work around.

Please send numerous emails(with same subject) to the same person, with any message in the body section of the email.

When he/she will check emails, he will find these blank emails. He will probably check first 2-3 emails and later delete all of them.

So, it reduces the chance of being this email read.

Please be infomed that we are Justanswer, independent tech support service provider. We are not associated with Gmail team in any way.This is the only way to fix the issue. I have tried my best to provide you with best possible information.

Please do not blame me for gmail Account issue by leaving negative feedback.

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but.. i dont want her to see the attachment of my first email? ...
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

In this case, please attach a simple word or excel file on the other emails. She will check first or two attachment and will not open the last one.

Send her 3-4 emails with same subject and dummy attachment.

And then send an email with other subject(if you want to do that) informing that it could be due to virus and all of my contacts have received the same.

The email with same subject will stay together. However, email with different subject will show a new entry.

If you have other queries, please let me know.

Thank you.

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other query, please let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated