Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My email was hacked, yesterday. Now, the emails are going

Customer Question

My email was hacked, yesterday. Now, the emails are going straight to trash. What should I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please go to www.aol.com and login to your AOL account there. Once logged in, go to your Email page, and then click on the Options button in the top right corner and select "Mail Settings" from the dropdown.On the next screen, select the "Filters and Alerts" settings on the left. At the right, delete ALL of the filters listed, by clicking on the x icon (Delete) next to the filters. Done that, send yourself a test email and check - your issue with new emails should be resolved now. If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your directions. But, when I go to Options, Mail Settings is not a choice. Please advise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see. May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue here?Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you are not comfortable with a remote session, no issues - just let me know and I'll provide you further steps to follow, on this page itself. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, are you still there? Do you access AOL using Safari, or do you use the AOL Desktop program? Keep me posted.