James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am not able to send or retrieve my emails or my contacts

Customer Question

I am not able to send or retrieve my emails or my contacts are lost
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Before anything else, please tell me the following:
1. Are you using a computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac to access your emails?
2. If you are using a computer, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari to access your emails? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?
3. What is your email provider or the domain name part of your email address? Is it @gmail.com? @hotmail.com? @yahoo.com? or others?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an apple iPAD I HAVE GMAIL I HAVE SAFARI
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back. So you are using Gmail in your iPad only, no usage on a computer. Correct?
Now, how do you access your Gmail in your iPad? Are you using the Safari web browser? Or are you using the Mail App?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the gmail app
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.
First, we need to verify if your Gmail account is active using the password ***** you knew or remembered. Please do the following:
1. Open your Safari browser in iPad
2. In your Safari web browser, go to http://gmail.com
3. Sign in to your Gmail account and please tell me if you are still able to sign in.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Were you able to access your Gmail and all your contacts by using the Safari method I described to you?
Please let me know so that I can assist you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM STILL NOT ABLE TO RETRIEVE OR SEND EMAILS & NO CONTACTS. THIS DOES NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEMS,
PLUS YOU HAVE CHARGED ME $42.00 FOR NOTHING. I WILL NEED TO CONTACT A PERSON TOMORROW
WHO CAN HELP AND I NEED TO CALL MY CREDIT CARD BANK TO DISPUTE CHARGES MADE FOR
NO RESOLUTION /NO SERVICE. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. KATHLEEN
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathleen,
I am very sorry about your persisting issues. I am still her to help you further but you need to provide me the feedback regarding the results of the steps I asked you to do.
Using Safari, were you able to SIGN IN to your email account?