Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How can I delete an email I sent from my Google mail before

Customer Question

How can I delete an email I sent from my Google mail before it has been read.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Once you have sent an email message, it is instantly sent to the other person's email Inbox, so there is no way to recall it. It is similar to the way that once your postal mail is picked up by the post office, you cannot stop its delivery. Per privacy policy, the email provider is not allowed to get into the other person's email Inbox and look through or delete his/her emails. The only thing you can do is to send another email message and ask the person not to read your previous email message. When sending any email message, make sure to check carefully both the name and email address of any recipient as some names and addresses are similar.
Do you have any further question? And/or do you need help wit any other computer issue? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.