John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  Setting up and servicing Email accounts since 1994!
60674955

I forgot my password ***** can't get or open my phone - what

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** can't get or open my phone - what to do?
Category: Email
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if you've forgotten your passcode then you must reset the device in order to regain functionality. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.) Disconnect all cables from your Apple device. Open iTunes on the computer Turn off the device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up). Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to the computer running iTunes. (If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.) Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, then restore the device. It may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data. John