Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Messages sent from my gmail account are not being received

Customer Question

Messages sent from my gmail account are not being received by anyone, but sppear in my sent mail box.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. When did you first start having this issue with Gmail, please? May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a week ago. People started saying they never received my messages. Also tried sending messages from my iphone with same result. No, I will not give you access to my computer.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I'll forward your question to the other experts now. Thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Ive read the description of your problem, and Ive seen this issue multiple times and solved it before. So I can help you, I need to ask some question first. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, when you access your gmail account are you using a mail client such as Outlook 2007, Outlook 2011 for mac, Entourage, Eudora, Thunderbird, Windows mail desktop, etc etc? Thank you in advance for your patience, and response. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7, no mail client. Now some messages are going through. Sent Group message on Thursday, none went through. Now Some but not all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to do more testing to figure out what is going on. What is cost for this session? Just to be clear I did not sign up for free trial or subscription service, right?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I cant tell from my end whether you signed up for the free trial or subscription. But if you signed up, this link will show you how to cancel. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription And thank you for the further information. You just mentioned sending a group message. And thats almost certainly the likely culprit. When you send a group message, if you send to over 50 recipients at one time, google can and usually does "flag" your account. This usually lasts 24-48 hour ( unless you send another group message) Another thing that will get your account flagged, is if you send a group message and one or more of the email addresses are dead. meaning, they no longer work or exist. If any of t he email addresses in the group message were dead, y ou would have received a bounce notice telling you that mail to " such and such @ server.com " cant be sent, error code example , etc. Your gmail account is probably just now coming off the security block. Try to refrain from sending group messages over 50 people, and if your sending over 500 combined messages a day, that could be flagging your account as well. In the meantime, if you are bulk sending email messages, gmail probably sees you as a bulk sender. If you are using your own domain or your own unique @gmail.com address or you have your mail hosted elsewhere. This is an important article https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en Another step you could do. Is go into your google account and change your password, and also update your recovery information. ( sometimes when bulk messages are sent out or group messages, your account gets security flagged because most hackers tend t o send out bulk group messages to all contacts in your list. ) These are all just general steps to avoid your account getting flagged again. But something definitely applies to your situation, as you mentioned it started when you sent out a group message. If you have further questions or concerns, your welcome to respond. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.