James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My incoming email is not downloading from the server. I can

Customer Question

My incoming email is not downloading from the server. I can see it when I log in using the web client for my domain and I can get it on my ipad. But the desktop is not receiving email since the 20th. I have double checked the mail server settings as correct. Any suggestions?
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! A few things could have happened to cause Thunderbird to stop downloading mail correctly. Who is your email provider? Also do you know if you have installed any new antivirus/firewall software on your computer or perhaps downloaded an update to one of those?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email,provider is my husbands domain. His webmaster is currently unavailable). However I am able to access the cpanel to confirm no changes to the settings. The only recent changes to the desktop was an automated Win 7 update. I am running Norton but it hasn't had any recent changes I can see. My husbands email, also via the domain, continues to be forwarded uninterrupted and I am still receiving mail on my iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI we are on unlimited cable internet with our local provider
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned your husbands email is still downloading, is he also using Thunderbird?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see, how is he accessing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His email gets forwarded to his work account - he uses Outlook.