IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My iPad can't acces email as it normally does. there are no

Customer Question

My iPad can't acces email as it normally does. there are no email showing on the iPad and wehn i go to the email setting i can't click on the email accounts in order to try to correct setting. Why has this happened? How can i correct it?
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is*****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Do you have only one e-mail account set up on iPad or several?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 emails accounts
one is iCloud and one is an Exchange email account. I'm not sure if the iCloud email is setup correctly. This is my wifes iPad.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Does the problem happen for the iCloud account or Exchange account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exchange account seems to be the problem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Have you tried to remove the account and then set it up again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the iPad i can't remove the account. When i go the iPad Mail setting for the email accounts the area is greyed and when i click on it nothing happens. I've added a picture.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I see the picture. Nothing happens when you tap on "Add Account..." as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. That's right.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. It looks like the Restrictions have been enabled. You can disable it for your e-mail accounts or disable Restrictions altogether. To do that, go to Settings and tap on General. Find Restrictions and disable it. After that, go back to the E-mail section and you should now be able to edit the settings or remove the account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that might be the problem. We've forgotten out restrictions passcode. We've tried about 30 different passcodes so far. How can I get around the restrictions passcode requirement?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It is not so easy to get around the Restrictions passcode if you forgot what it is. There are two options:1. Completely erase your iPod which will remove all personal information as well as any setting such as the Restrictions passcode2. Manually edit the Restrictions passcode settings from the iPad backup and the program that can read the iPod backup For erasing, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings For manually editing the Restrictions passcode, check this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyENHRniaE8
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to check if you have solved the Restrictions passcode problem.
Let me know if you require further assistance.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?