Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just moved my primary desktop computer to a new location

Customer Question

I just moved my primary desktop computer to a new location that has a new ISP (TDS). I tried to add my TDS email account to my existing Thunderbird managed accounts and I get an error that the password ***** ***** (which it is not).
Is it possible to add an account handled by another server to this list of email accounts managed by Thunderbird?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. So you are now using a NEW ISP and that is TDS, and you were given a new email ending with @tds.net. And now, your computer already have Thunderbird running with your other email accounts, but the TDS email account is rejecting the password ***** you ADD it to Thunderbird. Is this correct?Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess