Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

On July 1st I found my email inbox EMPTY. Sent box was fine,

Customer Question

On July 1st I found my email inbox EMPTY. Sent box was fine, as was address book and archived messages. I had MozBackup, but did not realize it needs to be updated. I restored to February, 2014, when I had last run MozBackup, and did not restore anything in my Inbox, but lost all Sent box messages dated after February, 2014. In other words, I was worse off than before I restored my profile from 2/14.
Granted, I am a hoarder, there were over 22k messages in my Inbox. Is this just Mozilla's way of getting me to downsize my Inbox? I read a great deal of info on the web (Mozilla sites) and most of it was way beyond my tech capabilities. I did some of the easier steps that I knew I could do without making things still worse. Now I am stymied. A friend who is techier than I am has just left, also unable to restore my Inbox. How and why did this happen, and will I ever see those emails again?
Thanks.
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.It sounds like you may have reached the inbox size limit of 4GB. Have you been able to view what size your inbox is or was using the file restore feature to view its history?May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I periodically get messages that my inbox is full, so I delete a bunch of messages and all is well. There was no such warning when my entire Inbox disappeared. Is there a way to get the messages back? I want to know that before I agree to remote hookup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Since it was on the 1st of July there's a good chance we'll be able to get it back unless you've done something to stop Windows storing previous versions of your files and uninstalled Thunderbird completely with a program like Revo Uninstaller which I doubt you've done.The remote session as well as your question are refundable for up to 30 days of asking your question so there's nothing to worry about, if nothing can be done you can request for your money back or you can speak to another expert. Would you like to give it a go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not done any of the things you mention.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not tech savvy enough to follow the complex instructions in Mozillazine, and am uncomfortable with remoting into my computer.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Great then it's quite possible the emails are still on your computer.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the problem is complex and the instructions will also be complex either way, the only easier way would be for me to connect to you via a remote session over a securely encrypted connection where no one else will have access to logging on. The session used a one time session key which gets deleted after the session is ended auto-removing the remote software from your computer disallowing me and anyone else from connecting again unless you authorize it. We do this every day and it's becoming more and more popular for our customers to request the remote session directly since it means less chances of messing things up even more for you. I will be happy to opt out of your question if this is something you're not comfortable with. Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not comfortable. Sorry. Thanks for the help. How can I get most/all of my money back?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You can request that by contacting billing here:ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you change your mind let me know, I'd be more than happy to recover the emails for you which can be done in less than 20 minutes. Another thing you should consider, Windows deletes files and folders from its restore feature after 30 days, if your problem happened on the 1st and you're contacting me tonight on the 20th it means you have about 9 days to resolve this before they're gone for good. Thought Id' let you know! Take care, Martin