IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have several folder where I save emails in: ie: Golf, Green

Customer Question

I have several folder where I save emails in: ie: Golf, Green Committee, Pending, Permanent emails etc. Many "saved" emails in these folders have disappeared. Why? How can I retrieve them?
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do you use an email program like Windows Live Mail to access your email or do you view it through a web page such as outlook.com, yahoo.com or similar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a laptop and get my email from yahoo.com as far as I know
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. So, all your email folders are intact but only certain emails are missing from certain folders?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, that is correct
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro.

It looks like Byron is not available any more, so I will continue working with you on this problem.
If you still need assistance, please tell me how many days ago the e-mails first started to disappear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They disappeared at the same time in the various folders about 5 or 6 days ago/
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!
Do you access the same Yahoo! e-mail account on another device, such as phone or tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes - my cell(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wrong #,,,sorry..correction(###) ###-####
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Are the e-mails missing there as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see my folder files on my cell phone--if they are available I do not know how to look at them
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
What kind of cell phone do you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung S5
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Does the e-mail app you use on your phone look like this:
graphic
PICTURE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - is says yahoo on under an envelope encased is a square with dark blue background
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mis spelled response -- it says "Yahoo" underneath an envelope in a square with a dark blue background
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, that is the Yahoo! Mail app.
When you open it, you only see your Inbox. To see all e-mail folders, please tap in the upper left corner where it says Inbox. You will then see a new pane on the left with all the e-mail folders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I did that on the GREEN COMMITTE FILE and 5 emails show up. There should be many more dating back several months. Under the file HP Golf, none show up. There should be several for the last several months including June & July.
Do you need me to ck the others? These two are not complete and have the same emails there as does my laptop & the same ones are missing
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for checking!
Since the e-mails are gone on both your laptop and phone, the only way to get them back is to submit a request to Yahoo! for e-mail restoration. It is possible to restore e-mails that went missing up to 7 days from the day of creating the request. Only an owner of the account can submit such request which means I cannot do that for you. However, I will gladly provide the step by step instructions for you.
Would you like to proceed with that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes ==provide the instructions
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, here is what to do:
1. Click on the following link:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ymail/restore.html
2. If asked to sign in to your Yahoo! account, do that
3. A new web page will open where you can fill in the request by following the on-screen instructions
4. After creating the request, Yahoo! will restore missing and deleted e-mails within several hours. Your entire mailbox will be restored to an earlier point in time which will allow you to access lost e-mails.
This is the only way of requesting your e-mails to be restored so please be patient until your request is being processed. You will receive e-mail updates from Yahoo! regarding the status of the request.
If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.
Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again! Several days have passed since I provided the instructions on how to request e-mail restoration. Let me know if you had your e-mail restored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I sent in my request to Yahoo they sent me an email saying a rep would contact me. I NEVER GEARD BACK ANYTHING SINCE THEN!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that the e-mails have been restored without anyone contacting you. Please check your e-mail folders.