James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My contact list has been hacked with hundreds of bizarre addresses

Customer Question

My contact list has been hacked with hundreds of bizarre addresses entered. HELP
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can provide you with detailed solution to this, please tell me the following:1. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?2. What is the domain name part of your email address? Is it @aol.com?3. How do you access your emails? Are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010? Or are you using a web browser like Internet Expplorer, Chrome or AOL Desktop 9.7?4. Are you still able to access or sign in to your hacked account?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows aol.com still accessing account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using Internet Explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. How do you access your AOL account? Are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010? Or are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer? Or the AOL Desktop software?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.I believe your Windows computer has malware infection and these malwares are the ones that automatically or programmatically added random contacts to your account. Also, a malware could have sent your account information to the hacker that programmed the malware and that in effect allowed the hacker to have access to your account and added random contacts.The good thing is, you are still able to access the account so you still have a better change in fixing this issue.Can I remotely access your Windows computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch? I can help you cleanup your computer to ensure it is malware-free and I can assist you in securing your AOL account to prevent future attacks.Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide online support and remote access support which i better than a phone call since I can directly help you in doing the procedures to fix the problem while you watch.Please let me know if you want the remote option.Regards,Jess