Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

Friends have email me saying they have received an email from

Customer Question

Friends have email me saying they have received an email from me that is not seems my name and email have been cloned and I need to fix it
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you. This is a form of email hacking. The solution is quite simple. All you have to do is change your email account password ***** these fake emails will stop. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that straight away but none of the email are coming from my account THey seem to just have cloned me
Unfortunately, if they are not sending the emails from your account there is little you can do. Essentially what has happened is that they have acquired your contact list before you changed your password. Now they are using their own email server which you don't have access to to send out emails making it look like it is coming from you. The best you can do is to notify everyone on your contact list of the issue and tell them to mark these bogus emails as spam. That way any additional emails they receive from this account will go to their spam folder. The emails should subside in a few days.