Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

Need help! accidentaly deleted a letter I wrote . and

Customer Question

Hi, need help! accidentaly deleted a letter I wrote . and can't retrieve it! It was being saved in my aol mail acct. Is there any way to get back a "recently deleted" letter?? I vaguely remember seeing that promt before...."recently deleted" but can't remember where?Please & Thanks! Irene
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Unfortunately, if you deleted the email and cleared it from your Trash/Recycle folder then it is not possible to recover the email. The warning emails that you saw are built-in to prompt a user/customer before clearing the trash in-case it was an accident. If the email was a legal matter, you can consult a local attorney to see if they can submit a subpoena to AOL to release any records that they have stored on their servers but that is a very rare case. I wish I had better news for you -- Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while. Please let me know if you need help with anything else or if you have anymore questions. If you do not, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.