Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My aol 9.7 desktop has stopped working, will not come up on

Customer Question

my aol 9.7 desktop has stopped working, will not come up on screen when I click the icon
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.
Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.
Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"
Then click Disable All
Click ok, restart and tell me if it now opens.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,