Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am a small dog rescue. Google has me listed as an animal

Customer Question

I am a small dog rescue. Google has me listed as an animal shelter in Lancaster CA. I have people showing up at my house and people calling me all hours of the night and day. I need this corrected. I do rescue put of my home and am not the shelter everyone is looking for due to incorrect info on Google. How do I get this nightmare corrected?
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
May i know your business name or your name which comes up on Google with incorrect information?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My business is Dachshund Rescue & Placement. I DO want that rescue listed on Google. The problem is people think I am the county animal shelter. I've been told if you google animal shelter Lancaster Ca it comes up with my phone number (I get lots of calls about dogs that were found, dogs hit by a car,people looking for their dogs, etc when they are trying to reach the county animal shelter. I thought my personal address was removed but today strangers showed up at my house thinking I was the public animal shelter.
When i google, animal shelter Lancaster Ca i get "5210 W Ave I, Lancaster, CA 93536, United States (###) ###-####
When you google, what do you get?
May i remotely connect with you to check this directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I get. But other people tell me it comes up with my phone number. And obviously it does because I get many phone calls. My phone message says THIS IS NOT THE ANIMAL SHELTER. We had to turn the ringer off in our bedroom because of late night calls.
Changing it is no issue, but we need to find the exact query that brings this up. May be i can connect to your computer remotely and then we can test these queries to see which one comes up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get it to come up on my computer either. That's what's so frustrating. I can't pinpoint where the problem is to fix it. But obviously it's there because people that I ask all tell me the same thing. Would the browser make a difference? I even wrote down what one person told me. She googled Lancaster shelter.
What is your phone number that comes up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-#### That's the number they reach me. My home phone number.
is this your home address "42029 62ND ST"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
From what i see, this doesn't comes listed directly on Google but in several other sites listed via Google, which Google cannot remove. Only the owners of these sites can.
To remove them; you need to contact the site owners and have them remove it.
1. http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/ca/lancaster/dachshund-rescue-and-placement-reviews-460315.htm
2. http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=animalshelters&find_loc=Lancaster%2C+CA
3. http://www.home8.org/CA/Lancaster/Dachshund-Rescue-Placement/
These are the three sites i found.
If you tell me what exactly do you want updated, i will contact them on your behalf.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe any of these are the problem. How can these people be finding me under google and we can't? I'm baffled. At one time, Yelp had my home address listed. I was able to get through to them and tell them to remove the address. They explained to me that they could not differentiate between a rescue and a shelter. There's a world of difference but they don't care. So Yelp only lists my phone number but it's listed as my rescue not the Lancaster animal shelter. I have never heard of the 3rd one you listed but I want my home address removed from there. I'd appreciate your help with that. However I do not think that is going to resolve the problem I am having. The next time I receive a phone call I'm going to ask the people to give me the information they typed in and type it in myself while i have them on the phone to see what comes up.
If you can get the exact query, would be great. Until then, i will search and notify the administrators to remove this. Secondly, google is the largest search engine, which is there on 90% of the devices (tablets, phones, computers ) by default. So what i am thinking, until we have the query is that these people might be searching for shelters in their areas, your's comes up via those sites, they open them to get there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get frustrated when I get these calls so I'm anxious to get off the phone. So I'm going to have to take my time and go through step by step with them to see how they are finding it. There are so many of them, not just a couple. I get at least a call a day. Based on the people I talk to, they aren't smarter than you or I but yet are able to find it.
Let me know when you have the exact query. I will then change it to what you want me to. I have concluded various searches and combinations; i could think of, nothing came up directly on Google.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well thanks anyway. I hope to get this resolved one of these days.
I will search again tomorrow. If anything comes up, i will remove the home address. Hope the same. Thanks