Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I AM TRYING TO MOVE MY OUTLOOK 2010 EMAIL ACCOUNT TO MY NEW

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO MOVE MY OUTLOOK 2010 EMAIL ACCOUNT TO MY NEW MAC COMPUTER. I AM USING MICROSOFT EXCHANGE AND CAN'T FIND MY PASSWORD. CAN YOU HELP?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I NEED TO LEAVE IN 15 MINUTES. IF I DON'T GET A RESPONSE BEFORE I LEAVE I'LL CONTACT YOU LATER
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Chris. Can you provide to me the name of the mail service you are using? Gmail, yahoo, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email address is***@******.***. I think the mail server is Microsoft Exchange.
The password ***** ***** in the registry on your old pc. Depending on the version of Outlook you were using, it may be visible or it may be encrypted. If it is encrypted, you will have to contact the owner of the exchange server PC to get a new password ***** your Mac. You may have to do that either way. I don't want you be charged for a non-answer so I'll opt out and pose this question to another expert more familiar with Exchange.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IN OUTLOOK, WHEN I GO TO ACCOUNT SETTINGS AND CLIK THE ACCOUNT THERE IS NO PASSWORD ***** JUST SERVER AND USERNAME. IF I CLIK MORE SETTINGS UNDER SECURITY IT SAYS ANONYMOUS AUTHENTICATION. WHEN I TRY TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUT IN MY NEW MAC IT ASKS ME FOR A PASSWORD, AND I CAN'T FIND IT IN OUTLOOK TO ENTER IT ON THE MAC
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
It seems the previous expert has opted out. Im online for the next 4 hours and Im willing to help you.
Would you prefer we speak over the phone, or I connect to your mac directly to help you resolve this issue? If you want to try either additional service please respond and I will send you the offer so we can begin.
If you would prefer to proceed via written communication instead, Please respond and let me know if you are the website administrator for WorldAccessProject.org.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Here is a quote regarding the exchange password *****:
Microsoft Exchange Server is widely used by businesses with many employees, and it allows an administrator to manage multiple Outlook mailboxes. When a password ***** to be changed, the administrator must make the necessary adjustments. Once this has been done, the employee or administrator must change the password ***** the computer being used to access the Outlook inbox. Resetting the mailbox password ***** be done without access to the Active Directory software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I SET UP THE EMAIL ACCOUNT, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER IF IT WAS AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT OR BUSINESS. HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY SOFTWARE?
As Dustin indicated, you have to be the administrator of WorldAccessProject.org to do this but here are the steps:Step 1Click "Start" and select "All Programs." Choose "Microsoft Exchange" and click on "Active Directory Users and Computers."Step 2Click "Administrative Tools" and choose "Active Directory Users and Computers."Step 3Locate the user whose password ***** want to change. Depending on how your company has set up the Active Directory, you may need to open several nested folders to find the user.Step 4Right-click on the user's name and click "Reset Password."Step 5Type and confirm the new password, then press "OK."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to Start and selected All Programs and could not find a Microsoft Exchange file.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
This is Dustin, the second expert who tried to assist you.
My apologies for any confusion. To keep things simple and to avoid confusion, only one technician is supposed to speak to or work with a client at a time.
It appears Christopher has opted out and I would like to try and help now.
Seems to me recovering the passwords should be our first goal. So to that effect, I need to ask you some questions about where and how your email account is hosted.
You mentioned you had Microsoft exchange. Do you know if your workplace or company is hosting the exchange server in house. Or, are they using an online exchange server ran by someone else, such as this?
https://products.office.com/en-us/exchange/exchange-online
If you are not certain. Is there an IT department or contact that you can ask whether your email accounts are hosted online, or in house? And also, ask them about the process for verifying or changing your password.
It usually takes an admin to change or verify a password ( if its a true MS exchange account)
I look forward to hearing from you on this issue.
Dustin S.