Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a gmail account that I haven't used in a long time:

Customer Question

I have a gmail account that I haven't used in a long time:***@******.***. I tried to log on, and it tells me that my password ***** ***** (I know I am interring the correct one). When I get to the step where it wants to send me a "verification email" the partial email it is showing me is not one of mine... It looks like my account was highjacked! Can you help me? The main gmail account I use is***@******.***. I own the domain tableauxdesign.com, so it is very important that I retrieve this email.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Since you own the domain, that should help you with the recovery process.
Question, have you tried filling out the recovery forms as of yet? Where it asks you the last password ***** remember, another address they can contact you at, and then asks you when you created the account, what apps you use it with, who you email the most, etc.
If you havent filled out that form, I suggest you do so immediately and attempt to answer everything as accurately as you can.
The reason being, if you did not pay google to host your email. ( if your using free gmail)
And if your recovery options have been changed. Then your *only* recourse is to use the recovery and account validation forms. You can get to the recovery form as described on this page. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/183733?hl=en
If you have *already* filled out those forms and Gmail responded to you saying that they Could not recover your account. Then my advice would be to set up your domain with Hosted / Paid email. That way, if ever someone hacked your domain / website support address. You could simply call the company to who you are paying money , and have them change the password ***** revoke access to the hacker.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.
Its been over a week since I heard from you, I can tell you viewed my suggestions but never responded.
Did you still need help with this issue? Please send a status update when you can.
Thank you,
Dustin S.