Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I can send form my google mail account but not receive em

Customer Question

I can send form my google mail account but not receive emails.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Are you using any email program, e.g. Outlook, to access your Gmail emails?
May I set up a quick remote session now, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just mac mail or even the google mail online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies for the brief delay. Should we go ahead with a quick remote session now, so that I can check the issue here?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just tell me what is the problem or what to check
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem. Now, please open up www.gmail.com on Safari, and log in to your Gmail account when prompted.
Next, send yourself a test email from there; do you receive that email all right (on Safari)?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I send a message to myself from gmail [online] it works, when I send from safari to the gmail account using the gmail account it works. If however I send from safari using a different account to the gmail account it never comes through. If my clients send to that address those emails don't come through and they get an unable to deliver message.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see. Could you just let me know what's your Gmail username (don't include @gmail.com), so that I can sent a test email and see what error is received?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the email address is***@******.***
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, you are using a Google Apps account. I tried sending a test email now, and it looks like your email account's DNS settings are not properly configured with your hosting account itself.
Do you currently have access to your hosting account? If so, the steps to configure the email DNS settings for the same might get a bit complicated - and the steps will vary across different hosting providers. So, should we go ahead with a quick remote session in this case? NO extra charge. Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes let me know which email and its dns you are talking about
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, I just checked: your hosting provider is 1and1.com. So, we need to login to the 1&1 Control Panel first, and then edit the DNS settings for your domain to point the MX (email) records correctly to Google - for your***@******.*** account itself.
As stated, this could get a bit complicated for you to follow if you did not set it up yourself; hence, the remote session request (at NO extra charge), so that I can quickly make the changes for you. Do let me know how you would like to continue, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I can do that thanks bye
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, would you atleast like me to provide you with the correct Google MX records to fill in, on this page itself?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please check out the following support article now:
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/configuring-mx-records-for-google-apps/
Make a note of the Gmail MX Record Values listed, and then click on the "1&1" link for stepwise directions on adding these values in the 1&1 Control Panel.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on a star at the top of this page. Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please note that after making these changes to the MX Records, please allow about an hour or so for the changes to propagate successfully, and then test sending emails to that account and check if it works this time.
If you run into any further issues, just let me know. Thank you.