Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

My iPhone 4S will not charge and heats up.

Customer Question

My iPhone 4S will not charge and heats up. I can't transfer any info from my 4S to my 5C. Please advise. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue by providing some additional information. When you say you are unable to transfer any info, I'm assuming this means you are not able to back the 4S phone up to your computer using iTunes. If that is not the case, then you will want to do this. If in fact this is the case, then log-in to your iCloud account and back the 4S up to your iCloud account. You do not need to be on a cellular network because I'm assuming the 4S is not longer an active phone. You just need to be on a wifi network and you can still use the 4S to backup to the iCloud. You can then log-in to your iCloud on the 5C and transfer the data that way.
Hello. Just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you resolved your issue. If so, please take a moment to rate my customer service. If not, please let me know how I can help further.