IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I use hotmail on both my Kindle and iPhone. I received

Customer Question

I use hotmail for email on both my Kindle and iPhone. I received a message "unable to authenticate" and then "unable to connect to server" what do I need to do?
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

There may be a problem with your Hotmail account password.
Please check if you can sign in to your Hotmail account via Hotmail web mail. Click on this link below to go there:
http://www.hotmail.com
Let me know if you were able to sign in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I tried to go to that site but it took me to Microsoft and wanted me to sign in. It kept telling me my email and password *****'t match. I reset the password ***** I get the same response. Now it is telling me my account will be reset in 30 days and then takes me to outlook. I don't know what to do next.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please sign in again using a web browser. Once you see the message about waiting 30 days, please check if you see an option to "continue to inbox" or similar located at the bottom.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Do you see an option to go to your inbox regardless of the "wait 30 days" message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only on Outlook. I'm okay for now but how do I get back to hotmail?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, good. You should be able to access your Hotmail account on your Kindle and iPhone as well. Just make sure to use the new password ***** set up after resetting the previous password.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.
If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with stars).
Thanks,