Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

Is there a way to export Windows Live Mail Calendar (Windows

Customer Question

Is there a way to export Windows Live Mail Calendar (Windows 7) to Google Calendar? Or must I do it "manually" single entry by single entry?
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. The best way to do what you want is to sync your calendars from your .Live Mail account to your Gmail account. Below I have provided a link to a page that gives you the step-by-step instructions. http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/29957/how-to-sync-windows-live-mail-with-gmail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! ***** synch them can I then delete my Windows Live Mail without affecting my Google Calendar (and mail)? Also, I forgot to tell you that my email Windows Live Mail program was installed onto my Gmail account originally. In other words, my email comes from the server and then to Gmail and then to Windows Live Mail.
Okay, if you want to disable your Live Mail account altogether, then your best bet to ensure you don't lose anything is to import your Live Mail calendar into Gmail. Live Mail doesn't have a simple export option for the calendar, however there is a workaround for it. I have provided instructions below. Once done and you confirm that your calendar in Gmail is correct, then you can deactivate your Live Mail account.
1. In Windows Live calendar select "Share" and select your calendar then mark "Share this calendar" and tick "Make your calendar public" (temporarily)
2. You will see option to get the ICS link that says "ICS:Import into another calendar application" - click that and copy the feed URL that begins "webcal://cid-...."
3. In Google Calendar click "Add by URL" from the "Add" on the left hand side, paste in the URL you copied in step 3 and make sure you tick "Make the calendar publicly accessible?" You now have the calendar fed into Gcal but not yet imported.
4. Go into the fed Calendar's settings under Settings>Calendars (click on calendar name) and click on the green ICAL button and open the link in your browser and copy all the ics code/text you see and paste into a text editor like notepad and save as an ics e.g. mycal.ics
5. Go to Import Calendars in Gcal (Settings>Calendars>Import Calendars) and import the new file you just made to your preferred calendar most likely your primary and all being well your import is complete.
6. Unsubscribe the fed calendar in Gcal and return to Windows Live and uncheck your calendar as Public to complete the process.