Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Facebook problem. I was already logged onto facebook and suddenly

Customer Question

Facebook problem. I was already logged onto facebook and suddenly i get a message saying that my account is temporarily suspended. I did not setup the account using my personal information. I am wondering if it was suspended due to comments made replying to a fb posting. Anyway, i have used the account for years and have quite a few contacts that i chat with on a regular basis. I would like to know if there is any way to restore the account. Thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your FB issues. An account could have been suspended due to several abuse reports filed by other people against the account. However, you can try to reset the account to recover it but that process requires verification.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering the FB account while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would prefer to do this myself ,but what did you intend to do ? i have already seen the fb message, it requires verification asking for photo ID. i did not use my personal photo when setting up the account [stupidly i did not realize a photo is unnecessary].
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so what ,if anything can be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess are you still there?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you writing back with that information. You mentioned that you created or setup the account years ago but you did not use your personal information. That was not a good move since at this point, you can only recover your Facebook account after a successful verification process since the account was temporarily suspended.
During the reset or recovery process, the information you used to setup the account will be verified. And if you did not use your prsonal information, it will be hard for you to remember what info you used then so verification will be a difficult task.
Here is the link to try the reset process:
https://www.facebook.com/login/identify
If you have already did that recovery procedure before, and could not proceed because of the verification or identification process, unfortunately, your Facebook account cannot be recovered.
Your best option then is to create a NEW Facebook account, but this time, use your personal information and provide your correct contact information like your mobile number and your alternate email address. These security information are very critical in keeping your account safe and they are secured with Facebook.
After creating a new Facebook account with your personal information, you can then start searching for your OLD Facebook account and then look at your friends's list there. Then ADD those friends or contacts of your back to your NEW Facebook account to start communicating with them again.
Regarding your OLD Facebook account, it will be deactivated automatically after few months of no activity.
At this point you have placed a deposit. I only receive credit for my time and expertise on the matter if you rate positively (3 to 5 stars/faces).
It is up to you if you wish to credit me for my time or not. Your deposit if refundable should you choose you do not want to pay. But please do not rate me negatively if you want a refund for your deposit. You can leave my service unrated.
Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Again I am sorry I cannot just get you into your Facebook account since it is Facebook's sucurity protocol to verify your account due to some activity that requires temporary suspension.
I hope I at least shed some light on the situation a bit for you and saved you some time.
Thanks you.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well its not that "i dont know the information" because it is an old account. Its just that i did not use an accurate photo when setting it up, and that is specifically what they want. Ugh, i really did not want to use my own picture.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concerns. Please try the recovery again using the link that I gave you. I have helped a lot of people in recovering their Facebook account and some of them even needed to send a scanned copy of their government ID. If this is your concern, if this is what Facebook is asking you, then please comply. They just want to see your name, your date of birth or age, and your photo and they will match these information to your Facebook account.
If this process fails, like when the name on your facebook is not the name on your ID, or the date of birth or age does not match with that in your facebook account, unfortunately, the account cannot be recovered. But please give it a try and rest assured that the data that you send to Facebook during this verification and recovery process is safe in teh Facebook servers.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped.
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess