Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I blocked my ex girlfriends email address in Gmail and she

Customer Question

I blocked my ex girlfriends email address in Gmail and she emailed me with a very similar email address that went right to my trash. The blaocked email address was elizabeth.ruberry and the one that went directly to my trash was elizabethruberry. My finance thinks I saw the email that was in my trash and didnt tell her about it. I never saw it and am wondering why that email went directly to my trash? can someone help me out?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
The only way this could happen is either you set a filter to send this email to trash, or it was accidentally dragged to the trash, there are no other methods to have the email go directly to trash.
To check on filters, in www.gmail.com click on the gear wheel in the top right then click on settings and then on Filters.
You may have a filter set that says if it contains this worked and it can be her name or similar which would still cause the filter to take it to the trash.
Else the only other way is by accident you dragged the email to the trash. but I would check with the filters first.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I only work here online but if you want the additional service for me to take over your computer and show you this, I have made this offer to you.
It is optional.