Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Need to reset my password ***** outlook express

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Outlook Express will be communicating with an email service and its this that you need to reset the password ***** which you then set within outlook express.
Can you tell me please which email service outlook express is connecting to?
eg: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hptmail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
If you click on my link below are you able to sign into your Hotmail account there?
www.hotmail.com
Let me know if you can please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is better to take over your computer and I can fix this directly for you.
I have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to reset password ***** my end
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you do the instructions I gave you? I am still waiting on your to do this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any instructions. Please resend, thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
www.hotmail.com
Let me know if you can please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still not able to access my outlook express that I have been using for years. All that you had me do was create a new account. I want to have access to my existing outlook express, please, thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I did not want you to create an account.
I asked the question if you were able to sign into your email account on the link I gave you (repeated below)
www.hotmail.com
There is nothing about creating a new account, just try to sign in with your email and password ***** tell me the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, that's what happened. All i want is to access my existing outlook express, please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, I understand, but I need you to do the instructions I am giving you....
You aren't and thats why we are not getting anywhere. Instead of doing the instructions you went and create a new account instead for some reason.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?
It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do and I think for you it's easiest
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please call me at(###) ###-####we have been going in circles and getting nowhere, thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I only work online, but trying to talk you through the instructions would be even more difficult then repeating them here which I have been doing.
But I am already offering at no extra cost to connect to your computer and do this for you. I just need you at least to do those instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me the instructions again. I forgot my password ***** the outlook express, thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a number of times and nothing happens. I understand what you want but it 's not working. I'm getting very frustrated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how do you mean nothing happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click on the website the window opens with a girl and a picture of the software, I click on"download" then the line below, but nothing changes, just the same window.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as the file is now downloading to your computer, so you then need to run the file that is downloaded to your computer please.
Like running any file you download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, after I clicked on the two options I have waited for the software to down load, at least 5 minutes. but the same window remains. I seem to be following the instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what two options are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a big box that says "DOWNLOAD" and below there are two options, I clicked on the top one also. Clicked on download and the one below it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, also here your not following the instructions I am giving you...
You click on Download For Free
Its in the middle of the screen, that is what you click and it will then download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll look for that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you dont need to look for it, it is right in the middle of the screen
The text Download for free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I did all of that, shaved and still the same window, a girl with the software box. What now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
now you run the file
You just downloaded the file now you have to run the file you downloaded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand, what else should I do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you run the file
You just downloaded the file to your computer so now you have to run the file you downloaded.