Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Sandy I wrote eMail in gmail on my iPad. I sent it -

Customer Question

Hi Sandy
I wrote eMail in gmail on my iPad. I sent it - It went into my outbox - which informed me that my address was unknown, or something like that. So I deleted my gmail account and re-entered it. All my mail returned - but (gasp) my email in outbox disappeared
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I wont mislead you but there is nothing you can do to get it back.
The email was only stored on the iPad not on the server, as it was still in the outbox. Then when you removed the account you removed the email from the iPad, basically like deleting it.
In the future, if this happens, hold the home and power button for about 10 seconds till you see the Apple Logo, then release and let the iPad restart.
This will clear most issues without you losing the email./
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you