James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

How do I get ahold of someone at yahoo? Someone just sent an

Customer Question

How do I get ahold of someone at yahoo? Someone just sent an email slandering my brother. We are trying to find out where this came from and who is harassing him? How can we find this out? They opened a yahoo acct and now we can't reply back to it. We need help in prosecuting whoever has done this. How do we go about investigating this??
Thanks so much,
Carrie(###) ###-####please call me
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about this issues. Yes, you can trace the sender of the email but up to the ISP level only. You cannot track down the actual computer or device used to send the said email.
The information that you can get is only the location of the ISP that the sender used to send the email. And you need a court order to force the ISP (Internet Service Provider) to reveal or release the information of the actual user who sent the email.
However, if the sender was smart enough and used a VPN to hide traces, it will be a long discovery process.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in tracing the possible sender of the email while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess